This year’s Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Festival is on it’s tenth year! It is from August 1-10, 2014. This competition aims to promote independent Filipino films.
I have watched 1st ko si 3rd, and it was wonderful! Nova Villa and Fredie Webb are once again partnered in a love team. Nova Villa plays Cory, a woman who just retired. She daydreams constantly of her first love, Third, who is played by Freddie Webb.
I am thrilled to say that the actress who played the young Cory was Coleen Borgonia. This was her debut movie, and she did beautifully! Her acting was quite impressive! The whole film was a success!
The ten finalists for the New Breed Full Length Feature category are:
1. #Y by Gino Santos
2. 1st ko si 3rd
3. Bwaya by Francis X.E. Pasion
4. Dagitab (Sparks) by Giancarlo Lauro C. Abrahan V
5. Dayang Asu by Bor Ocampo
6. K’na, The Dreamweaver by Ida Anita Del Mundo
7. Mariquina by Milo Sogueco
8. Ronda by Nick Olanka
9. Separados by GB Sampedro
10. Sundalong Kanin by Denise O’Hara/Janice O’Hara
For the Directors Showcase, the finalists are:
1. Asintado by Louie Ignacio
2. Hari ng Tondo by Carlos Siguion-Reyna/Bibeth Orteza
3. Hustisya by Joel Lamangan
4. The Janitor by Michael Tuviera
5. Kasal by Joselito Altarejos
This list is from cinemalaya.org
Suportahan natin ang mga pelikulang Pilipino! Tangkilikin ang sariling atin!